Friday, January 26, 2007

92 THINGS ABOUT MAMA THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW...
  1. I was born and raised in Vermont.
  2. I am 5'8" tall.
  3. My two brothers and I all have naturally blonde hair like our father.
  4. My mother is a redhead and so are her 9 brothers and sisters
  5. I am the youngest of us three, and the only girl.
  6. I was the only girl grandchild on my father's side of the family.
  7. My brother married my husband's sister.
  8. I guess #7 makes my brother my own brother-in-law....(heehee)
  9. This list is a lot harder to make than I thought....
  10. I was married in the same place that I met my husband, in my mom's living room.
  11. I never wanted children.
  12. I love being a mom.
  13. I paint (very well thank you).
  14. I love going barefoot.
  15. Peanut butter is the perfect food, I developed an allergy to peanuts and it sucks.
  16. I am a really good cook..
  17. My husband is a good cook too and we sometimes can't decide who's cooking so we eat out.
  18. I like cleaning when no one is home.
  19. I actually like doing laundry but hate ironing.
  20. I wear jeans to work almost every day and I work in an upscale law firm. I dared my boss to fire me over it.
  21. I've worked for the same place for almost 5 years.
  22. I had my license as a Cosmetologist and did that for years before I got married. Then decided it wasn't fun anymore.
  23. I never went to college.
  24. I wish I had done #23.
  25. I am friends with my high school sweetheart.
  26. I am still friends with my best friend from childhood (who happens to live here in this town).
  27. My best friend is the most self centered person I know and I understand her and love her anyway.
  28. I have lived in Canada, Montreal to be exact.
  29. I have lived in Italy,Maniago to be exact.
  30. I been to Panama more times than I can count (because the hubby is from there).
  31. I have lived in Texas, Killeen (birthplace of both my kids).
  32. I have lived in Virginia.
  33. I have lived in Georgia (still do).
  34. I have only been as far west as Las Vegas (Hey Scott). But only for less than 24 hours.
  35. I have never been to the west coast.
  36. I dated and traveled a lot before I got married.
  37. Sometimes I miss #36.
  38. I don't carry a purse but I envy women who do.
  39. I have been mistaken for a man before (twice). I had short hair and was very thin with broad shoulders, I couldn't help it.
  40. I laugh every time I think of #39. Maybe I should carry a purse...
  41. My kids think (and say) that I'm a cool mom.
  42. I think I'm a nosey mom.
  43. I enjoy playing the Sims2.
  44. I am a cat person.
  45. I do like little dogs though (sometimes).
  46. My son and I have burp contests when no one is around *I am so juvenile sometimes*
  47. I am not tolerant when it comes to closed minded ignorant people.
  48. I believe with my whole heart that hate is a wasted emotion.
  49. I have green eyes.
  50. I am always cold.
  51. I like beer, Michelob Ultra is my beer of choice.
  52. I observe way more than I let on just because I can't be bothered (especially at work).
  53. I love stoner movies.
  54. One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest is my all time favorite book, I hated the movie with a passion.
  55. I wish I could read books and write short stories for a living.
  56. I have always wanted to be and architect.
  57. I am really bad at math.
  58. I got my job as a paralegal and I can't type very well.
  59. My boss doesn't ever give me dictation (which is fine with me).
  60. The woman that I replace killed herself 6 months after I took her job (I still feel a little guilty about it).
  61. I don't like the Sci-Fi or horror television stations.
  62. I don't like mysteries or suspense.
  63. I love comedy and/or romance.
  64. I want to be a stand-up someday. Of course I would bomb because I am not smart enough to be a stand-up. What? I know my limitations...
  65. I really really really don't like drama, conflict or tension for any reason.
  66. Oh and as an addition to #65 ESPECIALLY if it involves me.
  67. I bruise easily.
  68. I have fallen asleep while floating on my back in the swimming pool (without floaties)...
  69. <---- is my very favorite....ummm... number.
  70. No actually 5 is my favorite number.
  71. Orange is my favorite color.
  72. I have O+ for a blood type. My hubby's blood is AB- and my first kid is A+ and My second kid is B+. I think that's kinda cool.
  73. My middle name is Elliott.
  74. I have never been arrested.
  75. I got a speeding ticket on the airbase in Italy when we were stationed there.
  76. I used to own a Datsun 280ZX. It was all black.
  77. I also used to own a 1968 Firebird. I sold it to my cousin who still has it.
  78. I love car shows.
  79. I am not religious, but I am spiritual.
  80. I love a good open ended story, I guess that explains why I love biographies of people who are still alive.....
  81. My father is 30 years older than me and his mother was 30 years older than him.
  82. #81 would mean that my grandmother would have turned 100 14 days after I turn 40.
  83. No I didn't have a child when I turned 30, that's crazy!
  84. I am really having a hard time coming up with anything interesting for this list...
  85. <----that is the year I graduated High School.
  86. Seeing #85 makes me feel really old!
  87. I am never afraid of people not liking me.
  88. I have a very dry sense of humor and it gets lost on some...
  89. I have never used EBay.
  90. One of my oldest and dearest friends has Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
  91. I would rather have salty snacks than sweets any day of the week.
  92. I must be rather boring because I can think of nothing else for this list.

Well, I guess that goes to prove it, I have such a vanilla life that I can't even fill out the whole 100 things about Big Mama, the Mama of all mamas. Can you believe that??? Probably more than you ever cared to know. All I have to say is, I may not be perfect, but I am always me.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

You're back! I'm so happy! Ty will be happy also, we've missed you. I love your list. I thought I was the only freak female that liked car shows.

Good to have you back!

11:10 AM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Nice list! We have several things in common.


as for #23 "I never went to college."

It's never too late :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I never finished college. I've been giving serious thought to actually going back.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Your cosmetologist link didnt work just then, did it have pics of your work there?
I think you are a cool person, and I like your "don't talk crappola" attitude in that you are you...just keep on being you :)

3:36 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Great list. I too am the only girl, baby, with two older brothers. Were you ever jealous that they had a sister and you didn't?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

tysgirl- Thank you! I need all the encouragement that I can get...

Scott-No wonder I like you so much! I will go to school some day (I hope)...

Sherri- It's about time you do something for yourself, you give so much to others...

Cazzie!!!- I figure people either like me or they don't. I'm just glad you like me... I will fix that link later today (it wasn't great anyway)

Miranda- I was always glad to be the only girl, I was spoiled and I liked it that way. I always had a fear that my folks would have another baby and I would be pushed aside. (I'm such a dork...).

Mr. Fab- Glad to see you over here on the dark side... OF COURSE I love the bare feet, LOL!!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You're not so vanilla - you're more like some wild Ben & Jerry's flavor with all kinds of tasty morsels tossed in and buzzin' around. =O)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're not boring AT ALL!! You're down to earth and funny, definitely not boring.

We are going to have to fix #35, now aren't we? :-) When are you and Tysgirl heading west?

We have a lot in common actually...but I didn't want to go down number by number and say "Hey me too!" and clog up your comments :-)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Jen Hoover said...

I'm not sure how I came across your blog... {brainfart} but I did, and well, after reading your list, I almost thought I was reading about myself! ~eerie! ;)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Yes SoozieQ we are definately going to HAVE to fix #35. I'm glad to hear that there are other people out there like me...I'm not alone in this world!

Hey thanks for popping in Jen, I am on my way over to your place right now...

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home