Monday, August 14, 2006

MY HOUSE TO MYSELF AGAIN...
Don't consider me selfish.... I absolutely without question adore my mom-in-law. She is awesome! She is quiet, LOVES the kids, cooks better than my own mother (and that's hard to do folks) she does all the laundry, putters around the house looking for something besides the kids to keep her busy. She ROCKS!!! She is also quiet as a church mouse. What is there NOT to love? My point exactly! I hate to see her leave. My hubby is so happy when she is here. We only get to see her once a year due to the fact she takes care of Abuela who is 91.... in Panama where my hubby is from. I love spending time with her. She always tries to spoil us with money and gifts. I refused to let her spend any money this year. In fact we gave her money... THAT irritated her, LOL!!!
But... my point to this post is the fact that no matter how much you love someone, it is always nice to have your house back to yourself. You know, the hubby can fling his undies on the floor (I really miss mom) I can be loud during those long midnight escapades in the bedroom, the kids don't have to keep their rooms spotless. You know, the norm. But I will definitely miss her.

13 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

She sounds like my nanna...my nanna gave US presents for HER birthday...LOL!!! Love 'em to death hey :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Sometimes I wish she were MY mother!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

She sounds like a great woman. Wish I coulda said the same for my ex MIL.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Miranda, she SO is!!! Maybe your next MIL will be terrific.

9:53 AM  
Blogger NWJR said...

What's that they say about houseguests and fish? They both go bad after a few days...

10:38 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

LOL!!! Fortunately not this one, LOL!!! That is funny though, I'm going to have to remember that...

11:30 AM  
Blogger Cinderella said...

Awwwww what a cute photo. I know exactly what you mean. Even thou you love having family over and spending time with them, your house isin't your house when people are staying over.

It's almost like you feel your a guest in your own home, b/c you can't walk around in your undies and tank top when MIL is over.. but it makes you grateful for it when they go!!

She seems like an awesome MOM IN LAW...glad you had a good time together!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Awww.. thanks Cinderellashan. How is the decorating going in your new place???

8:00 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Now imagine living with them?



Yeh. Welcome to my life!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Um...no thanks ~deb, no way! Love em and love to see em go! LOL!!! Been missing you lately.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Great post, I too have a mommy-in-law like that, tho she doesn't come to STAY so much, she has sometimes been at my house ove ra weekend or something and she gets my ENTIRE house in order, but when she goes, it's nice to have my own house back

cheers

12:40 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks for dropping by andrea feel free to come on back and stay awhile. I am just about to pop over to your place...

7:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Awwwwww....how nice that you get along so well with her and miss her. But I can TOTALLY understand being ready to have your home back. I'm sure she can too. :-)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home