Monday, January 28, 2008

TODAY WAS NOT A GOOD DAY...
I woke up this morning with a heavy heart. I got a very nice e-mail from Luis-Fer's (my nephew) mother yesterday and I have yet to respond. I just don't know what to say. In her letter she ( I quote) said,"Thank you for loving Luis Fernandito and (his sister). Luis Fer was special and my heart is sooo broken without him. Nothing can console me. I miss him."
How on earth do I respond to that?
For once I am at a loss for words.
I just watched the tribute video that his friend made (yes again). I think it is an awesome and incredible video. It is so him in all the pics. One thing that it doesn't depict is how he really was. I mean if you only saw the video and never knew him you would never know the intelligence that was within. I know that I brag about my kids (like most parents) but I totally have bragging rights over my nephew.
Let me clue you all in on a few things. This young man could speak 3 languages before the age of 8.
You didn't see that in the video.
He was an A student, you didn't see that in the video.
He played the piano, you didn't see that in the video.
He played chess better than anyone I had ever met, you didn't see that in the video.
He loved his church and his God, you didn't see any of those things in the video.
What you saw in the video was a young man who looked like a thug. Like a good for nothing troll... If I didn't know him like I did, I may have thought many of the same things. What people may not realize is he had many friends from many countries and nationalities. There was not enough room in the church for his funeral. Any and everyone that ever met him had a certain respect for his quiet intelligence. He carried a certain confidence about himself, but deep down inside he still thought of himself as the "little fat kid". He was perfect in my eyes and I only hope that one day my children will be so well rounded and loved. I miss him so much, today my heart aches.
Oh and on another note to why my day sucked, my computer at work shit the bed and I lost a lot of work. *sigh* What a day. My head hurts and I just want to crawl under my covers...
Thank you all for seeing me through this, goodnight...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home