Monday, September 11, 2006

WOW..IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS...
I can't believe that it's been five years already. I'm sure for a lot of us it seems like just yesterday that 9-11 was burned in to our memories. Most of us can recall what we were doing at that very moment.
I remember visiting the observation deck of one of the Trade Towers when I was a teen. I remember that you could stand right against the window that went all the way to the floor. It was scarey and exhilarating. I have not liked heights ever since, LOL! If you had never seen them in person, you could never ever fathom the size of these massive buildings. I remember being on the outside looking up at them and thinking that they looked like they were leaning over you.
We lost someone that was on one of the planes that hit one of the towers. He had just retired from the priest hood. He had been the local priest for as long as I can remember. I am not Catholic, but he was a major presence in our small town. Very kind and very involved just about sums him up. Like I said, he just retired and was flying out to California for the very first time ever to visit his sister. He had never been to California and was so looking forward to his retirement. He has been missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

today is a VERY surreal day...I think everyone still feels the fresh feelings from that day, remembers where they were the second the first plane hit.

I know for me, watching the tv this weekend showing past footage, it hit me just as hard as it did that day.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home