Sunday, February 12, 2006

PLEASE VISIT MY FRIEND'S BLOG
This is one of my favorite blogs. I happened upon it one day while I was at work and I have been coming back every other day for an update. Jon is really sweet and I just love his pictures. So please pop over and see what he has to say.
I spent the night at one of my friend's house last night. Her husband was out of town, she is very pregnant and didn't want to be alone (just in case)... So while I was there I sorted all her baby shower gifts. I washed everything and started setting up her nursery. Not to mention I made her the "best grits in the world"(she really said that too). I take great pride in that considering I am a Yankee through and through. She is a Southerner all the way. We still like each other very much despite this one little difference. I do make good grits.
I never had them (grits) before I moved to Georgia, then I was very hesitant about trying them. I decided to try and cook them and have liked them ever since. Southern food is strange to my Yankee palate but I do like it. I have to admit their "comfort food" is very fattening and very yummy. My boss has never had mashed potatoes with his T-giving turkey. He thinks that is gross. Instead he has white rice and gravy. THAT is strange. They have fried chicken ALL THE TIME! Not to mention Mac & Cheese. These are all ok food, but not what I was brought up on. If I need comfort foods, I love corn chowder or some chicken and dumplings. I LOVE salad of any kind. I can't live without soups. A lot of times it is just too hot to eat soup here in the south. I wish I lived a little more north, but the hubby makes the bigger paycheck so we go where he can get the $$$. I would love to go where there is a change of seasons. I love the mountains (I'm from the mountains). I hate snow so it can't be too far north. I just get bored with rain or not rain... that is our choice here.
O.K. O.K. so I am ramling on and on but y'all love me anyway. Hope everyone had a great weekend and don't forget to visit Jon when you get a minute....

4 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

How can anyone not like snow.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

You know, that's the first time someone has called me sweet. Usually I'm referred to as "rugged" or "manly" or "a big fat liar."

Hehe thanks for the free props.

In other news. Mmm. Grits.

5:11 AM  
Blogger cher said...

i've never had grits before either. You are a true friend. I know if we lived closer you'd come over and make me grits and keep me company while rob is away...

1:00 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Gareth- it's easy, I don't do cold and snow is the coldest (4 letter 'S' word) thing I know...

Jon- You are sweet, like it or not, Big Mama said it so it has to be true!!!

Shan- I would make you grits only if I can love on your new kitten!

Cher- Grits are really yum! You know I would be over there letting you sleep (very preggers people need lots of sleep) and I would play with Mr. Founder all day!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home